Surgical Techniques Used at the Limb Lengthening and Complex Reconstruction Service
Our doctors use various surgical techniques to achieve limb lengthening and stature lengthening in our patients. From external fixators to new internal nails, there are several types of surgeries we frequently perform.
- Animation showing the retrograde technique for lengthening a femur using an intramedullary nail.
- Animation showing femur lengthening using antegrade piriformis entry precice nail
- Animation showing the Limb Lengthening system
- PRECICE Femur Lengthening: Live Surgery by Dr. Robert Rozbruch
- Lengthening of the Femur with a Remote-Controlled Magnetic Intramedullary Nail: Retrograde Technique – PDF
- Lengthening of the Femur with a Remote-Controlled Magnetic Intramedullary Nail: Antegrade Technique – PDF
- A Comparison of Femoral Lengthening Methods Favors the Magnetic Internal Lengthening Nail When Compared with Lengthening Over a Nail – PDF
- PRECICE Tibia Animation
- Tibia Lengthening Using Intramedullary PRECICE Nail
Achondroplasia Dwarfism & Constitutional Short Stature